[BOOK REVIEW] THE LOVE HYPOTHESIS by: ALI HAZELWOOD

Welcome, 2022! I'm so so sorry for being inactive here on my book blog. I don't even know why. It's like I lost my ability to write. In short, I was lazy as hell. It has been a big roller coaster ride this past year with the Covid virus and all the drama that my family has been experiencing. It was tough but now that 2022 has come I will do my best to change not just physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. 
I am no longer living in the Philippines. I migrated to another country last year of December and I am sooo happy to be here. I feel free and I am with the love of my life whom I've been with since 2017. It wasn't easy at first. We have to wait for 2 years for my papers to be finished. I have to fly from Cebu to Manila almost every month which is stressful but it was all worth it now. I don't want to dwell much on what's happening in my life but I'll tell you, my life has been more relaxed ever since I moved here to Sweden. I am happy and that's all that matters to me.
Now off to my book review of this amazing book that I just finished yesterday and still has me swooning until now...



THE LOVE HYPOTHESIS
BY ALI HAZELWOOD

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The only reason why I picked this book is because of how many booktokers keep on recommending this online. I don't trust booktokers sometimes but I was willing to sacrifice my reading time for this. I promised myself that I would just stick to the authors that I knew but this book has been bugging my mind for months.
I must say it didn't disappoint me at all.

When I read the Prologue of the book, I hooked immediately. Olive and Adam had an unusual meeting for the first time.

Olive Smith is a 3rd-year PhD candidate at Stanford University. She has this happy, full of sunshine kind of vibes. She liked this guy Jeremy but she knows that this guy has eyes for her best friend, Anh and to my surprise Anh also like Jeremy but she doesn't want to get involved with Jeremy because of Olive but Olive, a good friend that she is has to do something because she doesn't want her to be "lonely" or make her friend regret not going out with Jeremy so she has to do something and that's when this gorgeouzzzzz, hotshot professor comes in. 

Adam Carlsen is 100% the total opposite of Olive. He is ruthless, determined, and most students are afraid of him and some are pissed at him, and that is what makes us readers swoon over him. We love guys with black hearts you know that gives us these bad boy vibes. Yeah, we dig that shit!

Olive and Adam met at Adam's laboratory for the first time. Olive was having a hard time because of her expired contact lenses. She was having a hard time opening her eyes and all she can see is a blurred silhouette of him. Adam thought that she was crying but it was just her contact lens. Two years later, they meet again but in an unconditional way. Olive kissed him. THEY FREAKING KISS! and that's the beginning of their fake dating extravaganza. 

I didn't regret reading this amazing book. I had so much reading it. Anh and Malcolm (Olive's best friends) are the most hilarious duo ever. Their friendship makes me jealous.
This book was beautifully written. Full of heart beating moments especially those moments when Adam stares at Olive jeeeeeezus I want to be looked like that too. 
Overall, this book is 100% worth the read, your time, and definitely worth the hype!

Comments