[New Post] Review of Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan


My Review:

I love eating. That’s like my number one hobby. I never cared about my size until my mom told me that I need to tone down my food because I’m getting bigger and bigger. Every day I was reminded by that until now.

 I got into sports like gymnast, swimming, karate and dancing. I even went to the gym every day.  I lost a lot of pounds, I feel I can breathe a little bit more, no more bullies; I got to wear shirts that are so fitting. I fell sexy but I was not happy at all. Every day I only eat one cup of rice and two boiled eggs without the yellow part (It’s suck big time because the yellow part is my most favorite) and every dinner only protein shake.

Every night I cry because I want to eat pizza, burger, fries, ice cream, pasta, etc. without getting fat but I can’t. In my mind I kept on thinking why am I suffering myself? Am I doing this right?
When I reach college that was the first time that I fell in love with a guy who didn’t care about my weight. He was tall, skinny, not that good looking but he respect me. I fell in love with him. We dated for two months but later I found out he was just using me because I came from a school where students came from money. And that happens with my other three ex-boyfriends.

I left my hometown and lived with my father’s parents. That’s where I got really depressed. I ate a lot, I didn’t go out of my room, I shut out all of my friends even my mom, I stopped going to school and I shaved my head.  For years I keep on pretending that I’m happy but deep inside I’m still lonely. I put a wall on my heart. I keep on asking myself, Is there going to be a guy who’ll have the nerve to love me not because of my weight and status but because he loves me because of me? Are my parent’s still going to love me even though I got big?...

For years reading has been my therapy. Reading romance novels has been my new hobby for the past 2 years. Every time I read a romance novel all the girls on that book are skinny, sexy girls and I keep on wishing that I hope some of my favorite authors can write a romance novel about a plus size girl and a very handsome guy that is crazy about her. Then BOOM!  My wish came true!
I’ve read all of Ms. Harper Sloan’s books. All of them and they inspired me but her new book Perfectly Imperfect Is my most favorite. This book was a boom for me. It’s so special for me.
I know some of you may not agree with me but here in the Philippines it’s so rare to see a guy dating a big girl. I don’t know why. When I see one all I can say is… I’m so happy for them. I hope they last long and found their way to forever.

In this book Willow is a plus size woman who was verbally bullied by his step father, step sister and her ex-husband. She was blamed for everything. When I was reading I keep on picturing myself as Willow. I feel like I’m that girl. I am Willow.
 It hurts. My heart broke a million pieces.

As I reading the book I keep on whispering to myself… be strong. You are strong. Willow is strong like you don’t give up it’s not your time yet.

Perfectly Imperfect is my inspiration. Just because you’re big it doesn’t mean it’s over. It may take months or years of waiting, don’t worry just remember that good things will come to those who wait.
Willow was hurt, she cried a lot of times, she stumble a lot of time but in the end she won. She got stronger and happier. And that’s my plan. To be like Willow.


A masterpiece that you don’t want to miss…




Comments