[BOOK REVIEW] CIRCE by Madeline Miller



Circe
Madeline Miller

⭐⭐⭐⭐

I'm going to give this book a 4-star rating. It's because it didn't catch my attention at first. I really can't feel the connection between the book and myself. I want to be blown away. I want to be mind fucked because that's the kind of stories that I really want to read. I want to have that feeling where I have to grasp the book so hard because the scenes were starting to make me crazy but I can't really find that in this book. 

One thing I like about Circe is when people flock to her island, she always welcomes them but in her mind, all she ever wants is all of them to get the fuck out and leave her in peace. She cracks me up sometimes.

It took 100+ pages for this guy Odysseus to appear and that made me pissed a little bit. Like when I was reading the book I was like, "where the hell is Odysseus?" and that's why this book didn't really click to me. When Odysseus finally appeared I feel relieved. I can finally know the reason why Circe did everything for him.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Odysseus suck! big time! I am so pissed at him! like he is a major walking red flag!
Heeeeeeesh! I don't like him. 

     But the ending though hmmmmm...
I wasn't expecting that. I swear. I was giggling like a little girl because Circe finally found someone. That made me really happy for her.

Comments